It took us two years to cross the road.

Author: Mamata Volvoikar /

Just, when we finished the First Project, we were asked the next big question....
Waht's your next project?

Then began the same story of analyzing my interests.....what I would like to do....my mission.... !

Art and culture of my country fascinates me a lot and this whole argument about 'what is Indian design?', gave me a direction and a way to move ahead. This way was just a few steps outside my Institute. It lead me to the Museum (Sanskar Kendra), the building designed by Le Corbusier, the one used by NID in it's initial days.

The Museum was just across the street and it literally too us two years to cross the road! Two years of our stay in NID and we had never been to that museum. We did travel a lot, to places in and around Ahmedabad that are famous and known for it's unique art and culture. But this Museum, the treasure of all ancient arts and crafts, was just across the street.

Having attended the 'Heritage Walk' that same morning of 30th December, 2008, I saw a lot of opportunities of doing a project related to it.

In the Museum I met Mr. Debashish Nayak, Advisor, Heritage, Ahmedabad Municipal Cooperation and he opened the door to many opportunities. He said that the whole purpose of beginning this walk was to make the people aware of the treasure of rich cultural heritage that they are living in, so that they conserve it.

From the conversation, I could gather that there is a lot of work that needs to be done on the communication materials.

After studying the existing communication material a little more, I realized that the visual language of the Heritage walk needs to be developed, as the experience of the walk is not reflected in the identity, brochures and posters. Its requires a little more personal touch. The one that makes the people feel proud about our heritage.

Hence, began my next project, 'Re- Branding the Heritage Walk of Ahmedabad'.

This includes re-designing the identity, the brochures and other miscellaneous media. This may also involve designing Branding Manuals, so that the same visual language can be carried out in any further communication material.

1 comments:

iLeaf Ritz Banquets said...

An important topic-I'm so happy to see it addressed. Different people define branding in different ways.For many big adveritsing agencies It's a consistent message that must be pushed out to consumers as frequently as possible. brand harvest offers complete brand consultancy services that focuses on brand positioning.

Post a Comment